Coronavirus / COVID-19 Statement
We hope that all our customers and web site visitors are healthy and coping well with the coronavirus pandemic and the associated restrictions that have been implemented by the UK government (and others around the world).
Firstly, we would like to make clear that we fully understand the potential severity of a un-checked pandemic and support the government’s decision to enforce social distancing and close businesses most likely to support spread of the virus.
We would also like to state that we are doing our part to reduce the impact of the pandemic by carrying out as much work as possible remotely. This has included delaying some projects and carrying out some programming/commissioning work remotely that might otherwise have been done on site. Where we have had to attend sites we have insisted upon isolated working and carried out pre/post contact cleaning along with regular handwashing.
Some of Wired-Up AV’s work can play an important role in facilitating work from home, financial activities and communication with the outside world including reception of news / broadcast media. This is because our systems generally include provision of networking and internet access and distribution of audio-visual broadcasts. The government has advised that businesses providing these services should remain open and operational.
Further to the above current guidance specifies that work carried out in people’s homes can continue so long as:
- The tradesperson is well and displays no coronavirus symptoms, however mild
- The household is not isolating due to one of their members exhibiting symptoms
- The household is not shielding a vulnerable person
In the case of 2 and 3, essential work directly impacting the safety of the household subject to the agreement of the tradesperson and ensuring the necessary precautions are taken.
It has also been advised that construction work can continue, again subject to the necessary precautions.
The government has however ordered that people should only travel to work when absolutely necessary and should work from home wherever possible.
Bearing in mind all of the guidance and our own view on supporting our customers, our position at present is as follows:
- Wired-Up AV remains open and operational throughout this period subject to the following restrictions:
- Any and all work that can possibly be carried out remotely shall be. This includes but is not limited to:
- Sales meetings
- Design and consultancy
- Project management excluding surveys
- Programming and configuration wherever possible
- We will not send any operatives to site who have symptoms of the virus
- We will require customers to declare whether or not anyone in the household has symptoms of the virus before travelling to site.
- Unless the work directly impacts the safety of the household we will not attend where any member is displaying symptoms. If it is a genuine safety issue then attendance will be subject to a case-specific risk assessment and the agreement of the operative.
- Business customers must ensure that their premises are as empty as possible and that no employees with coronovirus symptoms are present i.e. that they are complying with the new regulations also.
- Whilst on-site:
- Our operatives shall maintain at least a 2m distance from any other person and this safe distance must be respected by others.
- Only one person may work in small/confined spaces at a time.
- Our operatives (and all other people present!) shall was their hands regularly and avoid unnecessary contact with any surfaces whatsoever.
- Remote controls, touch panels, keypads and any other tactile equipment is to be cleaned with an effective disinfectant before and after use by our operatives.
- We and our operatives both individually and collectively reserve the right to refuse to attend or withdraw from a site should we feel that our health is at risk or if it is evident or suspected that the household or business is not following the applicable guidance and regulations.
Our supply chain is operational and all suppliers report generally good stock levels. All have issued statements confirming that they too are complying with the current guidance and regulations, with only a necessary skeleton staff on site to fulfil orders etc. Whilst there may be individual cases of delays/non-availability, we are for the most part able to fulfil our orders and continue projects as normal in this respect.
This statement is subject to review as and when guidance and regulations are updated.